Dutasteride may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- inability to have or maintain an erection
- decrease in sex drive
- problems with ejaculation
Some side effects may be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical help:
- changes in the breasts such as increased size, lumps, pain, or nipple discharge
- swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- peeling skin
Taking dutasteride may increase the risk that you will develop high-grade prostate cancer (a type of prostate cancer that spreads and grows more quickly than other types of prostate cancer). Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking dutasteride.
Dutasteride may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.