- Do I need a prescription?
- If you are ordering a prescription drug, yes. Every one of our government approved partner dispensaries requires a valid prescription written by a medical practitioner licensed to practice in your area of residence. All prescriptions must be written in English. Your order can be immediately processed with a faxed, e-mailed, or scanned copy of your prescription. You will be asked to forward the original by regular mail.
- Can I speak directly to a pharmacist to ask questions about my medication(s)?
- All patients receiving prescriptions from a Manitoba pharmacy have the right to receive patient counselling. Contact us and ask for a pharmacist if you have any questions about your medication. You will also receive a patient education sheet about your medicine with your order.
- How much medication can you supply at once?
- Our partner dispensaries are able to dispense up to a 3 month supply of medication at a time. If any refills are remaining on the prescription, it will be kept on your patient profile until you are ready to refill with us again!
- How long will my order take to arrive?
Prescription orders are normally shipped from our partner dispensaries within a week of receiving your prescription(s), placing an order and receiving payment. Over the counter medications are usually shipped within 3 business days. Once shipped, your medication(s) will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to arrive at your residence. US postal addresses must be USPS deliverable.
On rare occasions some shipments may take more than 2 to 4 weeks to arrive at your residence. This may be due to possible disruptions with international postal services or customs.
We ask that you be patient when it comes to shipping and, should your package not arrive within 4 weeks of your order being shipped, please contact us. We will provide you with an update and, if necessary, we will arrange for our contracted pharmacy to send out a replacement to you.
We do advise our patients to place an order for their medication(s) as far in advance as possible, approximately 30-45 days prior to when the medication will be needed.
- Can I cancel my order once it has been submitted?
- When we process a refill order, please understand that your order cannot be cancelled once it has been submitted. You may cancel the first fill of a prescription by contacting us immediately and within 24 hours of us receiving your prescription.
- Is Pharmstore.com a pharmacy?
- No, Pharmstore.com is not a pharmacy. We are a online prescription referral service which provides our customers with direct access to affordable prescription and non-prescription medications. With our contracted Canadian pharmacy and international providers, we provide our customers world-class service and access to a wide range of products and services.
- What is your policy regarding shipping multiple medications in one order?
Our partnered dispensaries will generally ship all of your medications at the same time. If an item in your order is delayed for any reason, they may split your order and arrange to ship the medication at a later date. This may result in more than one charge to your method of payment. However, the total will not exceed the cost of the original order. We will not split your order without your consent.
Additionally, if we are sourcing your medications from different dispensaries, they will ship separately.
- Will you ship any prescription medications?
- Our contracted dispensaries do not ship narcotic and controlled substances such as tranquilizers or opiate-containing medications. Pharmstore.com reserves the right to refuse to accept orders for medications where there is a concern for potential abuse. At this time we also do not ship medications which require refrigeration.
- What is the difference between a generic medication and a brand name medication?
- A generic medication is a medication which is manufactured by a company which was not the innovator. Due to expired patents on certain medications, other manufacturers are allowed to produce and sell the generic equivalent medication at a lower, more competitive price. A generic medication is bio-equivalent, meaning it contains the equivalent active ingredient, to the brand name medication. Due to strict regulations for the generic drug industry, these drugs must provide the same therapeutic effect as the brand name medication. However, there may be some variation to the size, shape and color of the medication.
- Why do the pills I received look different than the ones I get from my local pharmacy?
If you are used to brand name medications and have ordered a generic through us, the pills dispensed by our partnered dispensaries will look different. As stated above, generics do not look the same as brand name products, even though they contain similar active ingredient(s) and work in a similar way.
If you have ordered the brand name medication and see variance from the brand name medication you have purchased locally do not be alarmed. Brand name medication sometimes varies in appearance and name from country to country. In different countries manufacturers will often use different trade names and under international licensing agreements, a different manufacturer may be responsible for the distribution of a brand name medication.
If you have ordered a generic medication and see variance from the generic medication you purchased locally please be aware that generic medications manufactured by different companies will have different appearances.
- Do your partnered dispensaries source medications internationally?
- Yes, our partnered dispensaries do source prescription medications from the foreign jurisdiction in which they are located. An up-to-date list of countries where our contracted dispensaries are located can be found at PharmacyChecker.com. All prescription medications internationally sourced by our contracted dispensaries meet the high standards of the country of origin. Patients will always be made aware of where their medication is being sourced from when placing an order online or through our toll-free phone number.
- I am on 5 different medications, and you don’t seem to list them all, can you ship them?
- Due to the ever changing market our government approved dispensaries might not have all medications available for sale. If you do run across a medication you would like to order, please feel free to give us a call toll-free or initiate a chat with one of our customer care representatives. We would be more than happy to see if it is a medication that one of our contracted dispensaries can source for you!
- Is it safe to use my credit card?
- Absolutely! We have taken every precaution to ensure each and every transaction is safe and secure. Our website utilizes industry-standard security measures, including SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). All account information submitted to us is safely isolated from unauthorized access.
- Are there any additional charges?
- Shipping is FREE on each and every order shipping to the continental United States and its territories. This fee is per order and not per medication. To all other destinations, a minimum shipping charge of $19.95 is applied, but will vary pending on the dispensing country. All sales are tax free!
- Where else do you ship aside from the United States?
- Our government approved dispensaries ship to Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. Please note: In the event that your package(s) is lost in transit our contracted dispensaries will offer to re-send the package(s). If you are located in a country not listed above, please contact our customer service department to process your order.
- What guarantee do you offer to ensure I receive my order?
- As long as you have provided a correct United States delivery address, if your order does not arrive within our 2-4 week shipping time frame, we will ensure our contracted dispensary re-ships your order. If you do not wish to have the medication(s) re-shipped we will apply a credit for the full amount of your purchase. The choice is entirely up to you!
- Will you accept returns?
- Unfortunately, no. Due to legal requirements our government approved facilities are unable to accept the return of prescription medications even if the package is still sealed. If for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your medication(s) please contact our toll-free number or initiate a chat with a customer care representative so we can take care of your concerns.
- Will you accept my insurance?
- At this time we do not have arrangements with health insurance companies or prescription benefit management companies (PBMs) for prescription drug coverage. However, we are able to provide customers with medical expense reports to make insurance claims.
- How does your price match guarantee work?
- Pharmstore.com's contracted dispensaries will match or beat any PharmacyChecker.com and Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA) approved pharmacy. Shipping fees must be included when making the comparison. Competitor promotions and specials are excluded. Competitor price quotes must be provided and valid at the time of placing the order to be eligible. The competitor must also have the product(s) in stock.
- How do your promotional codes work?
- Occasionally, we will promote our website using coupons and promotional codes. You will be prompted to enter this promotional code during check out. Only one code can be used per order. Our promotional codes and coupons cannot be combined with our Referral Program.
- How does your Referral Program work?
- If you refer a friend or family member to us and they mention your name while signing up over the phone they will receive $20 off of their first order. Once their order ships a $20 credit will be applied to your account for your next order through us! There is no limit on the amount of friends and family you may refer to us! If you have any additional questions regarding our Referral Program please feel contact us.
- Where are your government approved dispensaries located?
- We currently contract with dispensaries located in Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore, Mauritius, New Zealand, and Australia.