This medication may cause changes in your blood sugar. You should know the symptoms of low and high blood sugar and what to do if you have these symptoms.
Saxagliptin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- sore throat
- joint pain
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking saxagliptin and call your doctor immediately:
- skin peeling
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- ongoing pain, that begins in the upper left or middle of the stomach but may spread to the back
- loss of appetite
- excessive tiredness
- shortness of breath, especially when lying down
- swelling of the feet, ankles, or legs
- sudden weight gain
Saxagliptin may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.